Skip to main contentSkip to main navigationSkip to footer content

Certificate of Residence

Students registering for credit courses at SUNY Schenectady are required to obtain a Certificate of Residence from their county of residence to receive the in-state tuition rate. Certificates must be received in your first enrolled semester.

Residents of Saratoga County

If you live in Saratoga County, please complete the Affirmation of Saratoga County Residence form and submit to the Saratoga County Treasurer’s Office. If you live in Clifton Park you can obtain a Certificate of Residence at Clifton Park Town Hall.

Other New York State County Residents

If you live in any other county in New York State, please complete the form contained in this link: Application for Other NYS Counties Form B-80 and submit to your County Treasurer’s Office. 

All completed Certificates of Residency must be submitted to the SUNY Schenectady Student Business Office, Elston Hall, Welcome Center.

The Certificate of Residence is good for three semesters, unless otherwise noted by the County where you reside.  

New York State residents who have lived in more than one county during the past six months must complete Form B-80 for each county in which they have resided.

Non-residents of New York State

Non-residents of New York State are charged out-of-state tuition and do not need to submit proof of residence at registration.  All foreign students not on permanent visas are classified as out-of-state residents and pay out-of-state tuition.


If you are a Veteran attending SUNY Schenectady in accordance with the federal GI bills and in compliance with all applicable eligibility requirements thereof and you are not eligible to obtain a Certificate of Residence, you should contact the Student Business Office to have the non-resident tuition charge removed from your account.

College in the High School logo