My Survey to Success
All new students are asked to complete the My Survey to Success, which lets us know what type of information and resources you may need in order to get off to a great start in college. If you have already completed the survey, Thank You! Below you will find links to several resources that correlate to some of the questions on the survey. For other items on the survey, you may be contacted directly by a particular office.
If you are a new student and you have not yet completed the survey, please do so now. It should take you no more than 5 minutes. To access the survey, go to Starfish. You will need to log in to the MySCCC portal to access Starfish. Please contact the Student Success Center for assistance.
SUNY Schenectady, through a US Department of Education Title III grant, is able to loan laptops to students to ensure full access to their coursework. To request a laptop, please complete the Laptop Loan Request form. Once a determination has been made you will be notified, and if appropriate, where and when the laptop can be picked up.
Free computer skills tutorials and videos from GCFLearnFree.org.
- Computer Basics Video Series
Get to know the basics of getting started using computers.
- Basic Computer Skills Tutorials
Learn basic computer skills or upgrade the skills you already have.
- Office 2016 Tutorials
Acquire the essential skills needed for producing professional work using Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word in the Office 2016 suite.
SUNY Schenectady Math Resources
Other Math Resources
SUNY Schenectady Reading Resources
Other Reading Resources
Personal Responsibilities and Concerns
- CashCourse - Offers an in-depth library of articles on many financial topics and tools to practice your new knowledge.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Albany County Financial Literacy - Offers a wide array of services including financial literacy workshops and online resources.
- Economic Literacy Quiz - Take this quiz and if you have some gaps in your knowledge of basic economics!
- Key Bank Financial Wellness - Step-by-step approach to building a financial wellness plan, with additional resources that explore topics like cybersecurity and mortgages.
- Money Crashers – Are You Financially Literate? Covers everything from budgeting to investing wisely.
- consumer.gov Find a host of helpful resources to keep you financially savvy
On-Campus Supportive Personal Counseling
- Contact Sean Mullen, Counselor I, firstname.lastname@example.org
Off-Campus Mental Health Services
- New York State Health Insurance – Enter the county you live in and you will see a list of coverage you can pursue.
SUNY Schenectady students who have a valid Student Identification Card and are enrolled in credit-bearing classes are eligible to ride all CDTA buses. The SUNY Schenectady Student Identification Card is to be swiped on the bus upon boarding. The ID card is not transferable to other people. Please note that there is a fee to replace a lost Identification Card.
Available Services and Campus Activities
ADA Transition Services uses a collaborative model to develop accommodations and learning strategies for students with permanent and temporary disabilities.
- EOP (Education Opportunity Program) – Provides direct services that will enhance your academic, personal, social, and student life.
- Student Mentoring Program – Mentoring fosters personal growth and learning and can contribute to your academic success.
- TRIO Student Support Services – A free service that empowers first-generation college students, income-eligible students, and students with disabilities to explore and achieve their academic, career, financial, and personal goals.
Transfer Services – SUNY Schenectady offers assistance to help you choose the 4-year college that is right for you.